The Technical University of Munich Asia (TUM Asia) has partnered the Employment & Employability Institute (e2i) and the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) to host a 1.5 Day Research Symposium in Singapore on the theme of “Beyond the Hype: The Impact of Industrie 4.0 on our Social and Political Landscape” from 16 to 17 October 2017. This event is jointly supported by the Embassy of the Federal Republic of Germany.
The push towards Industrie 4.0 in Singapore is set to build on the strides that the nation has taken as part of its Smart Nation initiative. As Singapore’s industrial sector continues to face unprecedented challenges amid global economic changes, the social and political implications created by these Industrie 4.0 disruptive innovations and technologies is something that cannot be ignored.
It is imperative that the Singapore Government, Academics as well as the Industry work together to create a strong socio-political-technological fabric so as to provide an environment where policies, strategies, businesses and research can be ready to adopt and leverage on the new technologies to their advantage.
This Symposium aims to address 3 aspects:
1. The Future of Changing Enterprises & Jobs
2. Political & Ethical Concerns of Disruptive Innovation
3. Applications of Industrie 4.0 Disruptive Technologies
Through this platform, we hope to provide an avenue to pioneer and intensify the private- and public-sector partnerships to support innovation and bring such technological breakthroughs to fruition, while also being aware of the social and political implications of Industrie 4.0 on our human capital eco-system.
Some of the topics featured in this Symposium include:
- Ethics and Innovation in Industrie 4.0
- Ethics & Autonomous Vehicles
- A Future-Ready Industrie 4.0 Workforce
- Political Discourses on Industrie 4.0 in Singapore
- Applications of Disruptive Technologies: Robotics / Artificial Intelligence / Cybersecurity
Date & Time
16th – 17th October 2017
Day 1: 9:00AM – 5:00PM
Day 2: 9:00AM – 2:00PM (incl. site visit)
Devan Nair Institute for Employment and Employability
80 Jurong East Street 21
Event Hall 2, Level 1
Who Should Attend?
- CEOs, Directors, Senior Management Team from SMEs & MNCs
- Organisations whose Business Model involves manufacturing, industrial automation, robotics, artificial intelligence
- Academic Researchers & Scientists