FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What is it?
- Recognising the need for a comprehensive ecosystem covering excellent industry connections, high-quality academic programmes, and industry-driven skills training to equip the workforce with new and current skills to match the current landscape, TUM Asia is providing all our alumni (from TUM and TUM Asia) with alumni course credits worth S$1,500, which can be used to offset up to 50% of selected executive education courses.
- The launch of the TUM Asia Alumni Course Credit seeks to empower our alumni with skills and capabilities beyond their own profession, enabling them to gain a leading edge in the global economy.
How does it work?
- TUM Asia Alumni Course Credits are awarded to alumni of TUM or TUM Asia, regardless of nationality.
- Each alumnus will receive a one-time course credit of S$1,500/- that can be used to cover up to 50% off the full course fees.
What courses can alumni enrol in using the TUM Asia Alumni Course Credit?
- Alumni will be able to enrol into all courses offered by the Office of Executive Development at TUM Asia.
- Exclusion: Credit usage are not applicable to courses which are funded by SkillsFuture Singapore (SSG), Workforce Singapore (WSG) or Employment & Employability Institute (e2i).
When can alumni start utilising their TUM Asia Alumni Course Credit?
- For more information, please write in to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Alumni can apply online via TUM Asia’s Online “Executive Education” Application Portal at https://tum-asia.edu.sg/adm
Exchange of TUM Asia Alumni Credit
- The TUM Asia Alumni Course Credit can only be used as discounts against course fees when enrolling in courses provided by the TUM Office of Executive Education.
- The available credits cannot be converted into cash nor used against any other TUM/ TUM Asia courses.
How many courses can I take using the TUM Asia Alumni Course Credit? Can I apply for more than one course?
- For Singapore Citizens, Singapore Permanent Residents and Foreigners, there will not be any restrictions on the number of courses the initial credits can be used for.
Am I guaranteed a spot in the course of my choice upon registration?
- Availability of places is subject to available capacity and is granted at the sole discretion of TUM Asia.
Are there any other fees/charges/tax involved?
- Yes, 7% GST on the relevant course fee will also be chargeable for every course.
- Administration fee is waived.
Will TUM Asia be topping up the credits when I finish using them?
- The university will review the award of such course credits once every 2 years.
What if I do not have sufficient credits left to cover a course that I wish to enrol in after completing a/some course(s)?
- You can use cash to top-up if your alumni course credit is insufficient.
Will TUM Asia take my credits back if I don’t utilise them within a certain period?
- No. This one-off course credit is perpetual.
Is there an age limit?
- No. You will be able to utilise the credits as long as you are a TUM or TUM Asia alumnus.
When and how do I apply?
- Registration period varies from course to course.
- You can check whether a course is open for registration and register online
Are there any requirements to apply for the courses?
- Most of the courses do not have pre-requisites. However, some higher-level courses may come with pre-requisites which are stated online on the TUM Asia website.
- E.g. Modules under the Graduate Diploma in Railway Engineering
- Pre-requisites: This course is aimed for graduate participants and/or practicing engineers working in railway/ transport related fields. At least a Bachelor’s degree in any of the following fields: Civil Engineering, Transport Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Computer Science, Communications Engineering, Mathematics, Physical Science, Architecture, and Environmental Engineering is required.
Are there subsidies for alumni applying for the courses?
- Singaporeans and Permanent Residents can use government subsidies from the Ministry of Education (MOE) and SkillsFuture Singapore Agency (SSG) to offset course fees. Eligible individuals may receive higher subsidies of up to 90% of the course fees.
- Another subsidy from Employment and Employability Institute (e2i) is also available for some courses.
Will my alumni course credits be refunded if I can no longer commit to the course/need to withdraw?
- Credits are non-refundable upon confirmation of your attendance.