“THE NEXT INDUSTRIE 4.0 FRONTIER: MANAGING SMART SYSTEMS, DISRUPTIVE INNOVATION & DIGITAL NETWORKS”
This 3-Day Summer School Programme will comprise of a series of lectures, case studies and discussions conducted and facilitated by 3 leading departments in the “Industrie 4.0” domain from the Technical University of Munich (TUM). The Summer School is conducted in collaboration with the Collaborative Research Center CRC / SFB 768 Committee at TUM.
BEYOND THE HYPE: WHAT IS NEXT FOR INDUSTRIE 4.0?
Since its introduction, Industrie 4.0 or sometimes referred to as the 4th Industrial Revolution has been at the top of the agenda across many industry conferences, magazines and reports. The hype has created massive awareness of the topic within many companies and the public.
Leveraging on the principles of Industrie 4.0 and its enabling technologies to automate, integrate and optimize manufacturing processes – companies can now achieve shortened cycle times, improved product quality, and implemented efficiency across their operations, while reaping the benefits of manufacturing highly customized products on a global scale.
In an advanced manufacturing environment where modern technologies such as the Internet of Things (IoT), the Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT), automation, cloud computing, Big Data processing, and highly integrated communication capabilities in an advanced manufacturing environment work together –cybersecurity and the social-technical impacts it brings about are aspects that cannot be ignored as well.
Through this Summer School Programme, participants will be able to strengthen their fundamental knowledge and concepts in Industrie 4.0, gain an in-depth understanding of how to manage smart data, smart systems and its enabling technologies, explore aspects of disruptive innovation and learn how to adopt cybersecurity measures when handling projects and manage the risks involved in digital networks.
The Programme will also address a broad spectrum of Industrie 4.0 socio-technical frameworks and explore inter-disciplinary and inter-organisational perspectives. Participants will also learn how these concepts can be applied across various industry verticals and will be able to demonstrate how this knowledge can be integrated and implemented at their own workplace.
- Appreciate key Industrie 4.0 concepts, relate to their individual businesses and engage the trainers in effective discussions on the next steps to be adopted.
- Strengthen key knowledge and insights relevant to Industrie 4.0 among senior management of local industries.
- Encourage local industries to take the next step towards digitization and optimization of their manufacturing processes and implement network security measures.
- Motivate professionals to adopt agile project management and risk management approaches for digital networks.
- Equip professionals with Industrie 4.0 socio-technical framework knowledge from both inter-disciplinary and inter-organisational perspectives.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
- Engineers, Professionals, Managers and Executives (PMEs)
- Middle – Senior Management Decision Makers