The SkillsFuture Earn and Learn Programme (ELP) is a work-study programme designed to give Singapore Citizens or PRs who are fresh graduates from polytechnics and the Institute of Technical Education (ITE) a head-start in careers related to their discipline of study. This programme is designed in collaboration with industry to ensure relevance to employers. It provides graduates with more opportunities to build on the skills and knowledge they acquired in school after graduation, and better support their transition into the workforce. Individuals will be able to secure full-time employment with the industry leaders, tapping on structured on-the-job and institution-based training to deepen the skills and knowledge acquired in school after graduation. Participating employers can recruit local fresh talent, within three years of graduation or the Operationally Ready Date for National Servicemen and prepare them to take up suitable job roles in the Precision Engineering sector.
WHAT YOU CAN LOOK FORWARD TO
- GAIN FULL-TIME EMPLOYMENT - Receive a competitive starting salary and full-time employment with participating companies - Get a sign-on incentive of SGD 5,000 - Acquire relevant work experience and skills valued by the industry
- ATTAIN INDUSTRY RECOGNISED CERTIFICATION - Deepen skills through structured workplace learning & institutional-based training – Attain a Specialist Diploma in Advanced Digital Manufacturing which is an industry-recognised qualification in the Precision Engineering sector issued by the Technical University of Munich (TUM) Asia
- WELL-STRUCTURED CAREER DEVELOPMENT - Benefit from the in-house mentorship, job rotation, talent development plans and facilitated learning in the company – Enjoy skills-based wage increments and meaningful career advancement pathways upon programme completion, good job performance and demonstrate the capability to take on enlarged job scopes
BENEFITS FOR COMPANIES UNDER ELP
Suitable candidates will be matched with a job related to their field of study and undergo structured on-the-job training and mentorship in your company. They will also benefit from a well-structured career development pathway and guidance from mentors who will support their continual skills development, through your company’s talent development plan.
- Groom and retain suitable talent with the relevant skills and aptitude to meet the needs of your company.
- Receive a grant of up to $15,0001 per individual placed in the SkillsFuture Earn and Learn Programme to defray the costs of developing and providing structured on-job-training and to encourage them to set out career progression pathways. 1 Terms and Conditions apply