“BIOLOGICS AND PROCESS TECHNOLOGY” MASTER CLASS 3
Biologics make up more than 1,000 medicines and vaccines, targeting more than 100 diseases. Over the past 5 years, the biologics manufacturing industry has attracted $2.7 billion in investments and contributes to about 20% of our manufacturing output – creating more than 10,000 high-paying jobs.
To regulatory authorities, quality issues are highly challenging because biologics are different from chemical drugs. This is due to the use of living source materials to produce biologics, increased complexity of biologic manufacturing processes and biologic molecules, as well as its susceptibility towards unpredictable agent contamination. Since biologics have a more complex process-related impurity safety profile, risk control procedures, extensive physiochemical characterisation and functional activity assays are essential and cannot be neglected.
This programme is a well-balanced blend of theory and practical knowledge. Participants will be introduced to bioengineering principles, synthetic biology, engineering life, biologics in pharmaceutical processes as well as agriculture and human disease modelling which ranges from R&D to applied industrial processes that offer insights into regulatory compliance, CMC and QC processes. Participants will also learn to develop effective strategies for biologics, tackle challenges all the way from R&D to clinical studies through commercialization.
This Master Class aims to introduce “Biologics and Process Technology” to individuals who strive for a career in biologics R&D and manufacturing, both fresh graduates and experienced.
WHY SHOULD YOU ATTEND?
- Learn about principles and effective strategies for biologics development
- Learn to address challenges all the way from R&D, clinical studies and commercialisation
- Gain practical knowledge and insights into the biologics R&D and manufacturing sectors
WHAT WILL YOU GAIN?
- Obtain an overview of the biologics industry and biologics manufacturing processes
- Gain knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) and understand operations within biologics manufacturing plants, including a field trip
- Understand the basics of process operations, controls and optimization
- Exposure to media and buffer preparation, sterilization, industrial fermentation, cell banking, seed culture and aseptic cell techniques
- Learn about bioreactor systems and designs, operations and scale-up, product purification including analysis and QC
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
This programme is designed for individuals who have a background in Chemical & Life Sciences or Chemical Engineering. Open to GCE O Level, GCE A Level, NITEC, Diploma or Degree holders.