Prof. Hajek (b. 1956) has been head of the EADS Chair of Helicopter Technology since its creation in March 2010. The three cornerstones of the Chair’s research are safety, environmental acceptance and efficiency. In engineering terms, the focus is placed on modeling aeromechanical phenomena, the dynamic behavior of helicopter subsystems and overall design optimization.
After studying mechanical engineering at TUM and completing his doctorate at TUM’s Chair B for Mechanics (1989), he became involved in helicopter development. From 1998 to 2006, he was responsible for Eurocopter Deutschland’s research & development activities. His research was centered on active noise reduction and optoelectronic helicopter flight control. In 2006, he joined Airbus and became one of its top executives, overseeing fuselage development among other things.
- Hajek M, Levedag S: “The Fly-by-Light Experimental Helicopter and its Fields of Application”. 23rd International Helicopter Forum, Bückeburg, 2./3. Juli 2003
- Hajek M: “Optimization in Helicopter Preliminary Design”. Proceedings of the 3rd Air Force/NASA Symposium on Recent Advances in Multidisciplinary Analysis and Optimization, San Francisco, CA, Sep 1990.
- Hajek M: „Reibungsdämpfer für Turbinenlaufschaufeln“. VDI Fortschrittberichte 11. 1990; 128
- Pfeiffer F, Hajek M: „Stick-slip motion of turbine blade dampers“. Phil. Trans.R. Soc. 1992; 338: 503 – 517.
- Hajek M: „Numerische Behandlung mechanischer Systeme mit Trockenreibung“. ZAMM Zeitschrift f. angew. Math. u. Mech. 1989; 69: 297-299.