|Postponement of TUM Asia Graduation Ceremony
In view of the recent rise in COVID-19 infections and fatalities in Singapore, TUM Asia has made the difficult decision to postpone the physical graduation ceremony to the first quarter of 2022. We will update you on the rescheduled graduation ceremony via email, so please check your emails regularly. More information will also be shared on this page once details have been finalised. We recognise that you might be disappointed, but we seek your kind understanding, as the safety and well-being of our graduates and family members, staff and faculty are our top priority.
Bachelor of Science Programmes, Master of Science Programmes, Executive Education Programmes
Congratulations to the Class of 2020 and 2021
With graduates in
Bachelor of Science in Chemical Engineering
Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering & Information Technology
Master of Science in Aerospace Engineering
Master of Science in Green Electronics
Master of Science in Industrial Chemistry
Master of Science in Integrated Circuit Design
Master of Science in Transport & Logistics
Specialist Diploma in Advanced Digital Manufacturing
For any questions, kindly email your respective programme officers
*TUM Asia reserves the right to cancel the physical graduation ceremony if the pandemic situation turns for the worse and a physical graduation ceremony is no longer feasible. In the event of any change, graduands will be informed via their TUM Asia email address.
*Kindly note that only graduands currently residing/employed in Singapore can attend the physical graduation. Unfortunately, TUM Asia will not be able to assist our students/alumni to enter Singapore due to government restrictions in border control.
*Due to the spike in COVID-19 cases, graduands’ family members aged 60 and above are strongly encouraged to stay home for their safety and well-being.
SAFETY MANAGEMENT MEASURES (SMMs)
The following SMMs will be implemented during the Graduation Ceremony and must be strictly observed by all participants and guests.
All attendees must be:
1. Fully vaccinated^ under the national vaccination programme. You will be required to present your vaccination status to TUM Asia staff upon registration at the event. A person is considered fully vaccinated two weeks after taking the second dose.
2. OR present to us the negative results of your Pre-Event Test (PET).
^An individual is considered fully vaccinated when he/she
(i) has received the full regimen of Pfizer-BioNTech/Comirnaty or Moderna with an additional two weeks for the vaccine to be effective;
(ii) has received the full regimen of vaccines in the World Health Organisation’s Emergency Use Listing (WHO EUL), including their respective duration post-vaccination for the vaccines to be fully effective, and had their vaccination records ingested in MOH’s national IT systems;
(iii) recovered from COVID-19 within the last 270 days; and
(iv) unvaccinated and has a negative result on a pre-event test by a MOH-approved COVID-19 test provider in the past 24 hours, covering the full duration of the activity.
Attendees are to adhere to the following SMMs on the day of the Ceremony (subject to change, depending on how the COVID-19 situation develops):
|TraceTogether-only SafeEntry (TTSE)||All participants will need to check in to the event venue via TTSE.|
|Guest registration||All guests to these events will need to be registered. No walk-ins are allowed.|
|Wearing of Mask||All guests will not be allowed to mask off during the event. Speakers should not mask off when giving their speech.|
|Photo Taking||When taking photos, all individuals should be 1m apart. Individuals should remain masked at all times, including for official photo taking on-stage.All guests are requested to remain seated in their assigned seats throughout the ceremony and must not leave their seats to take photographs.|
INSTRUCTIONS FOR ATTENDING THE CEREMONY
- All Academic Gowns will be rented through the official Gown provider appointed by TUM Asia. Graduates who have submitted their RSVP for the Ceremony will receive an email with detailed instructions on how to proceed with your Academic Gown rental at a later date. This email will be sent within 2 weeks of your RSVP.
- Graduands attending the Graduation Ceremony must be properly attired for the occasion.
- Graduands who are inappropriately attired will not be allowed on stage.
- Graduands are to wear face masks throughout the graduation ceremony.
Collared long-sleeved shirt, long trousers and a tie
Covered shoes with socks
Shirt/blouse with a skirt/long trousers, or a dress
Appropriate shoes of a comfortable height
Inappropriate attire to avoid:
Casual or revealing attire e.g. T-shirts, shorts, bermudas, tank tops
Slippers/flip flops or sandals
- Graduands must report at your respective venues for registration at least 1 hour before the official start time of your ceremony.
- We reserve the right to close the registration for late comers and he or she will not be presented on stage.
TRANSPORTATION TO THE CEREMONY VENUE
- Due to limited vacancies in parking lots, graduates and families are encouraged to take public transport to attend the physical graduation.
- All participants will need to check in to the event venue via TraceTogether-only SafeEntry (TTSE)
- All guests will not be allowed to mask off during the event.
DURING THE CEREMONY
- As part of the safe management measures, guests are requested to remain seated in their assigned seats throughout the ceremony and must not leave their seats to take photographs.
END OF CEREMONY
- Please wait for instructions to leave the hall in an orderly manner. As part of the safe management measures, there will no refreshments, merchandise sales or photo backdrops.
- Please do not lingering around the campus.
- When taking photos, all individuals should be 1m apart.
- Individuals should remain masked at all times, including for official photo taking on-stage.