Prof. Zimmermann studied at the RWTH Aachen and received his PhD in 1985 at the RWTH Aachen, the system behavior of prestressed constructions. From 1985 to 2004, Prof. Zimmermann worked in the construction and property industry; since 1993 as Chief Executive and Managing Director. Since 01.09.2004 he is Professor of the Department of Construction Management and Real Estate Development.
Professor Zimmermann’s research area is the area of organizational science in the construction and real estate industry. This interdisciplinary oriented science extends from basic research to applied research questions that are processed in an intensive dialogue with industry. Among others, the focus is on the optimization of project forms of organization, qualification and quantification of sustainable real estate development, action-oriented risk assessment and management, the impact of innovation cooperation in the construction and real estate industry as well as potential and design parameters for supply chain management in the construction industry.
1. Zimmermann J, Eber W, “Modeling processes in construction management.” 6th Intern. Conf. 2010 and. Vilnius, Lithuania.
2. Zimmermann J: “Process-oriented proof of causality between cause and effect in construction process Faults”. Research on behalf of the BBR. 2009; Munich.
3. Zimmermann J, Hamann M: “Comparison bauvertraglicher control mechanisms with regard to an optimized processing and to reduce potential conflicts with the example of VOB, NEC and FIDIC.” BBR. 2008; Munich.
4. Zimmermann J, Eber W, Schieg M, Nino E: “Risk Evaluation in Construction Management”. Business and Management Conference 2008, Vilnius / Lithuania. Selected Papers. 2008, I and II
5. Zimmermann J: “bending structural behavior and design of beams with unbonded prestressing.” German Committee for Reinforced Concrete . 1998, 391