Dr. Jörg Schlüter received his Master’s degree (Dipl.-Ing.) in Engineering Science with a major in Fluid Mechanics from the Technical University Berlin in Germany in 1997. Thereafter, he commenced his PhD studies on the simulation of gas turbine burners at ENSEEIHT/CERFACS in Toulouse, France. After graduating in 2000, he joined as a researcher the Center for Turbulence Research at Stanford University, USA, where he worked on the simulation of entire gas turbine engines. He worked at Nanyang Technological University in Singapore from 2005 to 2015 as an Assistant Professor teaching and researching in aerodynamics and computational methods. In 2015, he joined Deakin University. He has worked on a variety of projects ranging from wind turbine engineering, flapping wing aerodynamics to the control of turbulent boundary layers for drag reduction.
- Aerodynamics and Fluid Mechanics
- Wind and marine turbines
- Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD): Large-Eddy Simulations, URANS
- Gas turbines and Combustion
- Micro and Nano Air Vehicles
- Computational Fluid Dynamics
- Fluid Mechanics
- Heat Transfer
- Wind Engineering
- Optimization of single obstacle pair for aircraft wake dissipation under crosswind condition, C. H. J. Wang, S. Paramasivam, D. Zhao, J. Schlüter, A. Stephan, F. Holzäpfel, 9th AIAA Atmospheric and Space Environments Conference, 2017
- Australian Opportunities for Small Wind Turbines, J.U. Schlüter, Goh S. C., Emerging Energy Technologies Summit and Exhibition 2016, Melbourne, VIC, December 2016.
- Effect of Ground Obstacle Shape on Wake Vortex Dissipation, C. H. J. Wang, D. Zhao, J. Schlüter, F. Holzäpfel, A. Stephan, 34th AIAA Applied Aerodynamics Conference, Dallas, June 2016.
- Detailed Study of Effects of Crosswind and Turbulence Intensity on Aircraft Wake-Vortex in Ground Proximity, S. Paramasivam, D. Zhao, J.M. Skote, J. Schlüter, 34th AIAA Applied Aerodynamics Conference, Dallas, June 2016.
- Effects of Spinning Motion on the Flowfield Characteristics of Trapped Vortex Combustors, S. Chen, R. S. M. Chue, J. Schlüter, S. Yu, 33rd AIAA Applied Aerodynamics Conference, Dallas, June 2015.
- Near Ground Aircraft Wake Dissipation with Obstacles, C.H. J. Wang, J. Schlüter, 33rd AIAA Applied Aerodynamics Conference, Dallas, June 2015.
- Effects of Tip Clearance on Miniature Gas Turbines Compressor Performance: A Numerical Approach, J. Xiang, J. Schlüter, F. Duan, 33rd AIAA Applied Aerodynamics Conference, Dallas, June 2015.
- CFD Validation and Analysis of a Single-Stage Axial Compressor, Junting Xiang, Jörg Uwe Schlüter, Fei Duan, Aerotech V Conference, Kuala Lumpur 2014. (received Best Paper Award)
- Experiences in the Use of Interactive Media in Engineering Education, J. Schlüter, 63rd Annual Conference International Council for Educational Media (invited), 1-4 October 2013.
- Design and Analysis of a Small-Scale Vertical Axis Wind Turbine, X. N. Ji and J. Schlüter, IET Renewable Power Generation Conference 2011, Edinburgh, UK, September 2011.
- Dynamic Leading Edge Vortex on a Fast Pitch-up Flat Plate, X. Zhang, V. Chai and J. Schlüter, AIAA-2011-4740, 41th AIAA Fluid Mechanics Conference, Honolulu, HI, USA, June 2011.
- On the Aerodynamics of Paper Airplanes, B.F. Ng, Q. M. Kng, Y. Y. Pey and J. U. Schlüter, AIAA-2009-3958, 27thAIAA Applied Aerodynamics Conference, June 2009.
- Unsteady CFD Simulation of an Entire Gas Turbine High-Spool, J. Schlüter, S. Apte, G. Kalitzin, E. v. d. Weide, J. J. Alonso, and H. Pitsch, GT-2006-90090, ASME Turbo Expo 2006 Land, Sea, Air, May 2006.
- Large-Eddy Simulations of a Separated Plane Diffuser, J. U. Schlüter, X. Wu, and H. Pitsch, AIAA-2005-0672, 43rd Aerospace Sciences Meeting and Exhibit Conference, January 2005.
- Anti-Aliasing for Integrated LES-RANS Computations, J. U. Schlüter and H. Pitsch, AIAA-2004-0258, 42nd Aerospace Sciences Meeting and Exhibit Conference, January 2004.
- Boundary Conditions for LES in Coupled Simulations, J.U. Schlüter, H. Pitsch, P. Moin, AIAA-2003-0069, 41st Aerospace Sciences Meeting and Exhibit Conference, January 2003.
- Characterization of Confined Swirl Flows Using Large Eddy Simulations, J. Schlüter, T. Schönfeld, T. Poinsot, W. Krebs, S. Hoffmann, ASME 2001-GT-0060, ASME Turbo Expo 2001 Sea, Air and Land, New Orleans, LA, June 4-7, 2001.
- LES of Jets in Crossflow and Its Application to Gas Turbine Burners, J. U. Schlüter, C. Angelberger, T. Schönfeld, T.Poinsot. Turbulence and Shear Flow Phenomena – 1, September 12-15, 1999, Santa Barbara, CA.
- Excitation of mixing layers with two frequencies, O. König, J. Schlüter, H.E. Fiedler, Euromech Colloquium 361, Active control of turbulent shear flows, 17-19 March 1997, Berlin, Germany.